- First of all the blog that gave me a start. She really has covered a lot of things in there and have done a great job doing that, it really helped me a lot 🙂 :
Then next is GNOME Wiki which also contains a lot of information.
It’s the GNOME Wiki for GNOME Shell, each link inside that is worth a visit but some of the most important one’s are:
- https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/GnomeShell/Extensions/StepByStepTutorial (a very useful tutorial)
- There is also a huge amount of documentation available on https://developer.gnome.org/, it’s just the matter of finding the required one but two particularly useful links are:
- https://people.gnome.org/~gcampagna/docs/ (auto-generated docs, generated from gir files)
- https://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2014/03/24/keeping-gnome-shell-approachable/ ( a great hack to make development faster)
- Now even after searching through all these documents there are some functions which are still not found. It’s probably because they are the result of monkey patching: ui/environment.js contain few such functions e.g., hookup_style function used in ui/dateMenu.js has been declared in ui/environment.js.
If you have some more information or link related to this context please drop a comment. 🙂